Forgotten Suns Notes
From DivNull RPG
Revision as of 16:32, 14 March 2009 by (→The Eye Opens)
- Ascending Wood, RY 768 (1 year, 9 months ago)
- 1st - Ot breaks into Creation
- Resplendent Wood, RY 768 (1 year, 8 months ago)
- Descending Wood, RY 768 (1 year, 7 months ago)
- Ascending Fire, RY 768 (1 year, 6 months ago)
- 1st - Stage 2 begins
- Resplendent Fire, RY 768 (1 year, 5 months ago)
- Descending Fire, RY 768 (1 year, 4 months ago)
- Ascending Air, RY 769 (1 year, 3 months ago)
- Resplendent Air, RY 769 (1 year, 2 months ago)
- 28th day of Resplendent Air - Excessively Righteous Blossom kills Ten Stripes.
- Descending Air, RY 769 (1 year, 1 month ago)
- Kerok issues three decrees: First, that Yugash shall remain in Creation for all time, taking the Southwest as its own. Second, that no new conquest of Creation’s lands shall be made unless provoked. And third, that non-Autochthonians wishing to enter Yugash as citizens will be granted a modicum of rights and henceforth be known as "outsiders."
- Ascending Water, RY 769 (1 year ago)
- Resplendent Water, RY 769 (14 months ago)
- Descending Water, RY 769 (13 months ago)
- 5th - Regret leaves manse
- Ascending Earth, RY 769 (12 months ago)
- 15th - Excessively Righteous Blossom and his 4,000 troops defeated at Gem. Yearlong prep for new invasion begins.
- 28th - Regret arrives in Gem.
- Resplendent Earth, RY 769 (11 months ago)
- 10th - Regret tracks down some Autochtonian survivors and tortures them for information about Autochthon and Autochtonia.
- 25th - Regret reaches the Lap, killing librarian and taking his place. Discovers more info about Autochthon, as well as legends of an orichalcum mine.
- Descending Earth, RY 769 (10 months ago)
- 7th - Regret meets cirle in the Lap
- Ascending Wood, RY 769 (9 months ago)
- Resplendent Wood, RY 769 (8 months ago)
- 17th - Regret and Cruxis leave Dense Effulgence Root. Loose water?
- Descending Wood, RY 769 (7 months ago)
- ~25th - mine visited by Imperials and buildings destroyed.
- Ascending Fire, RY 769 (6 months ago)
- 2nd - Regret and Cruxis enter Autochtonia. They almost immediately kill Meticulous Owl. Soul, unable to get back to Underworld, finds Golden Venna Boar-Rider, makes a monster. Use information of mine to strike deal. Regret takes control of an artifact Meticulous Owl had to communicate with First and Forsaken Lion, sending false intelligence. Finds that resonance still a problem, and sleeps in coffin to shed it. Generally assists with invasion plans.
- 22nd - Circle visits Kardak
- 25th - manse repaired; hearthstones explode
- 28th - Autochtonians reach mine. In spite of warnings not to, they antagonize Kardak, who slaughters them.
- Resplendent Fire, RY 769 (5 months ago)
- Cruxis limit breaks, treating people cruelly, runs off into the Reaches. Stays there for a while contemplating, also training for Essence. Discovers elemental pole of smoke.
- Descending Fire, RY 769 (4 months ago)
- 1st - Pre essence training
- Second, larger expedition to mine, with several alchemicals, succeeds. Kardak and his tribe killed, their manse claimed as well. People enslaved. One shipment goes back.
- Ascending Air, RY 769 (3 months ago)
- 14th - A brief failure in the filtering system allows mosquitoes to enter Ot.
- Resplendent Air, RY 769 (2 months ago)
- 22nd - Great Contagion surfaces.
- Descending Air, RY 769 (1 month ago)
- 5th - Something akin to martial law declared. Various sections of Yugash quarentines Ot, and various sections of both isolate themselves. Unhesitatingly Loyal Weapon is infect and goes gremlin. All exalts dispatched to stop her.
- 9th - Unhesitatingly Loyal Weapon destroyed, but over a third of the exalts sent to stop her are killed as well. In addition, isolation seals in much of Ot are compromised in the fighting, with Weapon attempting at times to intentionally spread the disease.
- 10th - Rumors spread: Yugash being warred on by other nations with disease; isolationism vindicated; punishment from the Machine God. Void cults become more active.
- 11th - With Weapon dead, Blossom attempts to regain position as invading general, still intent on conquering. This calls the whole concept into question and in the ensuing debate, it is suggested in a moment of heated argument that Blossom might have sabotaged Weapon. This derails the proceedings, with Blossom storming out making threats about taking control away from the "ignorant" mortals.
- 13th - Trams to the rest of Autochthonia sealed.
- 15th - 10% of Ot dead. Cruxis eventually notices this and returns. He sneaks into Ot, but winds up in a quarantined section with no other Exalts. He takes control, but is fighting a loosing battle.
- 26th - Essence training over. Story begins
- Ascending Water, RY 769
- 4th - 25% of Ot dead. 7% of the rest of Yugash dead. Regret sees shadowland.
- 1st day of Descending Water - Gem hears about approaching invasion force.
Kerok, Grand Autocrat
Mortal. Grand Autocrat of Yugash. Behind the plan to break the Seal of Divinities. Machiavellian, but understated. Will listen to PCs if they make any sense. Particularly interested in curing disease. Fears Blossoms current movements. Secretly doubts decision to open seal, but won't change it.
Will probably die offscreen so that the new autocrat can order the seal remade while the PCs are off doing something.
Moonsilver caste. Essence 3, 7 foot tall male. Overly idealistic. Actively plotting to take over Ot. Has assembled a good number of followers, mostly exalts sick of mortal control. Has taken over sections with ruthless purges of the infected, which seem to have worked. Mostly exists to wait around until/if the PCs decide to kick his ass. This will send his sections into chaos, though.
Orichalcum caste. Essence 4, 15 foot tall male. Four large green eyes. Advocate for extra-Autochthonian peoples. Deeply hurt over the "betrayal" of life from Creation for bringing the disease, and somewhat broken. Speaks out against reprisals against "outsiders", sometimes to the determent of Yugash. Largely ignored and fallen from grace, but could provide an ally if the PCs need a political hand.
Starmetal caste, Essence 2, 6 foot female. Most human looking of the alchemicals the PCs will see. At one point romantically linked to Cruxis, but scarred by him when he broke. Essentially assigned to Regret now, which will extend to the PCs when they arrive. Not particularly prepared for the contagion emotionally, with heavy doses of denial and "it will be fine". Otherwise, smart, capable, charming and helpful. Kathleen Turner voice.
Heavenly Bitter Metal
Soulsteel enforcer, Essence 3, 7 foot male. Never speaks. Acts as bodyguard for Kerok now, but actually spy for different nation (Jarish). Quite devout. Internally very concerned for disease and suffering of mortals who have it.
Gloriously Still Alloy
Orichalcum leader type, Essence 2, 6 foot male. One of the only oricalcum castes in the section of Ot still acting as the "head" of the invasion and coordinating the disease response. Not prepared for the massive number of tasks that now fall to him. Arrogant. Will treat the PCs mostly as a distraction unless they get in his way.
Unrepentantly Battleworn Servant
Jade caste, Essence 2, 5.5 foot female. Very haggard, but determined. Working hard to help the people, doing anything she can. Will enthusiastically help cure plans.
Golden Venna Boar-Rider
Outcaste terrestrial, captured and now abandoned to the Reaches. Fire aspect. Lusty, rebellious and insane. Inherits Meticulous Owl's soul, and the odd combination of location, aspect and caste makes a strange breed of exalt. Can use db and abyssal charms. Reflexives at will.
Drawn by death of disease, eventually hooks up with Blossom.
- Unhesitatingly Loyal Weapon - Oricalcum caste. Essence 4, 20 foot tall female. More machine than person. Caught disease and went gremlin. Had to be destroyed.
- Exsirar - Mortal general planning assault on Gem until his death from the disease.
- Synergistically Industrious Combine - linked group, sent to mine.
- Flawlessly Wrathful Sunrise - Leader of scouting party found by Juuken
- Darkly Fluttering Eyes - Other scouting party leader. Sunrises mistakes Juuken for her.
Last character sheet update on 18 Dec 2007. Only six or seven sessions since. +20 xp.
Into the Machine
The Eye Opens
- Approaching the Glass City
- Streets of Glass into the city, more glass beasts, remnants of Mnemon's crew
- Rats in a Glass Maze
- Interview with a Glass Sorcerer
- Looking Into the Eye
- White Queen
- Mnemon's crew
- Cult of Illuminated
- Civil war
- Bull of the North
- Mask of Winters
- White Queen
- Need for cunaria, solar hearthstone, celestial lion talon, quintessence flask
- Ophidian Kata Rings
- The Goblin King. Abyssal consort(s)
- Finding Soul Mirror
- Waking the Dragon Kings
- Redemption of Regret, Three Gated Cage
- Hints about Ebon Dragon
- Need to summon calibration gate
- Asteroid base
- Vision Consorting with the Dead
- Mountain Folk
- Ebon Dragon & Empress
- Autochthon wakes
The Orichalcum Manse
The Moonsilver Manse
Dramatic Purpose: This should be related in some manner to the Scarlet Empress plotline, including information about the coming of the Ebon Dragon.
Setting: Somewhat near the City of the Shining Reefs
Specifics: An underwater quicksilver lake. Need to untangle the manse from some sort of machinations of those who follow Whose Whispers Chain in some way.
The Starmetal Manse
Setting: A mountain top outside Yane.
Specifics: The top of the mountain holds a portal to the Starmetal Manse, not the manse itself. A ritual space exists on top of the mountain, and if the Calibration Gate is summoned there, the gate will open into the manse instead of into Yu-Shan. The manse itself is an asteroid observation base floating far above Creation.
The Soulsteel Manse
Metagaming Purpose: Connect the circle with the Mountain Folk, in order to make the Jade Manse a bit more approachable.
Principals: Minions of Vodak, possibly Vodak himself, abyssals (either on the same quest, or looking for ways to exploit Vodak).
Specifics: Long before the solars originally hollowed the mountain, the place that would be Gethamane held the greatest city of the Nameless Ones. When Autochthon unmade them, some of the fallout spilled into the pit vacated by the city. After constructing the Soulsteel Manse in the pit, Autochthon made mountains to fill in the hole. These mountains never quite matched the surrounding stone, so numerous faults evolved, and these unwittingly made an ideal starting point for the solars who founded Gethamane.
The Jade Manse
Setting: Deep under the Imperial Mountain
Specifics: Just getting there will be the main threat, but potentially some "corrupted" essence flows. Possibly related to Ebon Dragon.