Luminous Talon Rain
From DivNull RPG
Built by the First Age solar Wyr’palja, Luminous Talon Rain is an orichalcum noble warstrider. Wyr’palja possessed the skill and resources to create a royal warstrider, but for some reason chose to forge a less complex noble model instead.
Powered by: Rating ●●● hearthstone
Mobility Penalty: -4
Fatigue Value: 4
Movement Rate: 10 times wearer’s normal movement
Maintenance: ●●● + 1 hour for each 10 hours of operation (or 5 in combat)
Punch: Speed 3, Accuracy 0, Damage +3L, Defense 1
Kick: Speed -6, Accuracy -1, Damage +5L, Defense -1
Built into the right arm of the Luminous Talon Rain is a warstrider-scale fire lance, with the blade extending over the top of the hand when needed. This weapon contains a 10 mote reservoir which can be pre-charged to power the weapon. The weapon can also, of course, be powered with normal mote reserves. The blade of the lance can be used in close combat, but for two motes, the lance can be charged for a single hand-to-hand attack with energy that explodes when hitting the target. A streamer of fire can be shot from the lance for four motes. Ten motes generates a fan of fire that can hit multiple targets at once. The fan effects an area up to 20 feet in diameter, and its attacks are unblockable. The fire attacks from the lance have no extended range.
Powered by: 2/4/10 motes per attack
Uncharged Blade: Speed 0, Accuracy 0, Damage +7L, Defense 1
Charged Blade: Speed 0, Accuracy 0, Damage +14L, Defense 1
Streamer: Accuracy 1, Damage 18L, Rate 2, Range 250
Fan: Accuracy 3, Damage 12L, Rate 1, Range 175
Considered a secondary weapon, a small essence cannon is built into the left hand.
Powered by: 2 motes per shot
Cannon: Accuracy 1, Damage 15B, Rate 2, Range 75
Mounted on the back of Luminous Talon Rain are stationary wings, with feathers fashioned from orichalcum mounted on blue jade. These wings connect to thrusters mounted on various parts of the warstrider, and allow it to fly 150 miles per hour up to a height of one mile. During combat, flight speed is up to 50 times the wearer’s normal movement rate. While in flight, the wings add five successes to rolled dodge attempts and five dice aerial hand-to-hand combat. While in flight, the Speed of kicking becomes -2. If lack of maintenance causes a system in the warstrider to fail, it is always the flight system that fails first.
Powered by: 5 motes per scene or hour of flight
When found, the warstrider itself was trapped in a small room and heavily damaged. It has been transported to the Forgotten Manse for study.
It is immobile, its control system sabotaged and worn from centuries of neglect. Its weapons and ancillary systems are in even worse shape, completely inoperable. Should essence be committed to any of them, the system will spark and sputter and glow. If left in such a state, it may even be permanently damaged. A series of repairs is needed, with various requirements at each stage. Should detailed plans of the warstrider or its subsystems be available, the difficulty and Magitech requirements given are each reduced by one. Various tools will be necessary, and lack of them (or magical equivalents) may make the tests more difficult. The repairs are:
- Basic maneuverability. One repaired, the warstrider can move at quarter speed, but cannot run, jump or fight. Fixing requires:
- Occult 2, Lore 3
- Power from a level three hearthstone
- An Intelligence + Craft (Fire) test at difficulty 4, taking a base time of 30 hours.
- Basic parts costing Resources ●●
- Small quantities of oricalcum
- Full mobility
- The science of Magitech ●●
- An Intelligence + Craft (Fire) test at difficulty 4, taking a base time of 60 hours.
- Basic parts costing Resources ●●●
- Several pounds of oricalcum
- Fire Lance
- Magitech ●●●
- An extended Intelligence + Craft (Fire) test needing a total of 16 successes. Each test has a difficulty of 4 and a base time of one day.
- Parts costing Resources ●●●
- Essence Cannon
- Magitech ●
- An Intelligence + Craft (Fire) test with a difficulty of 2 and a base time of five hours.
- Parts costing Resources ●
- Flight System
- Magitech ●●●●
- An extended Intelligence + Craft (Fire) test needing a total of 25 successes. Each test has a difficulty of 5 and a base time of three days.
- Parts costing Resources ●●●●