From DivNull RPG
Revision as of 17:58, 11 June 2009 by Wordman
The hearthblade is based strongly on Moxiane’s Endless Configuration Blade, with changes to tweak the powers around a bit for First Edition (non-power combat), making it slightly weaker, but also slightly more common.
Formed from the marble used to build manses, a these swords resonate with the energies of heathstones socketed into them. Though rare, examples can be found based on chopping swords, straight swords, slashing swords, even one-handed axes. All are flawless examples of such weapons, enchanted such that the stone of the weapon behaves much like steel, and has all the durability of a weapon made of one of the five-magical materials.
Every hearthblade contains four hearthstone sockets, usually spaced evenly along the lower half of the blade. Once a user has attuned to the weapon, any hearthstones from manses also attuned to by the user that are placed into these sockets enhance the capabilities of the weapon. In addition, the weapon grants the powers of the stone to the user, as if it were made of one of the five magical materials. This process does, however, interfere with the essence respiration granted by the stone; the weapon steals some of this essence for itself, reducing the number of motes it restores to the user by two per hour.
Hearthblades have the base statistics whatever mundane weapon they resemble. They are considered exceptional weapons, however, adding +1 to accuracy, +1 to damage and +1 to defense. Attuned stones add to these statistics based on their rating and the type of essence they channel:
- Air aspected stones add their rating to accuracy.
- Earth aspected stones add their rating to defense.
- Fire aspected stones add their rating to damage.
- Water aspected stones add their rating to speed, and half their rating (round down) to defense.
- Wood aspected stones add their rating to speed, and half their rating (round down) to damage.
- Abbysal aspected stones add their rating to damage, and half their rating (round down) to accuracy.
- Lunar aspected stones add their rating to defense, and half their rating (round down) to each speed and damage.
- Sidereal aspected stones add their rating to accuracy, and half their rating (round down) to defense.
- Solar aspected stones add half their rating (round down) to each accuracy, damage, defense and speed.
- Stone of Easy Breath (Air ●●●●), +4 to accuracy.
- The Freedom Stone (Water ●●●), +3 speed, +1 defense
- Key of Mastery (Air ●●●), +3 accuracy
- Hearth’s Fire (Fire ●●●), +3 damage
- Final stats: Speed +3, Accuracy +9, Damage +8L, Defense +2
Summary: Sword improved by socketed hearthstones.