From DivNull RPG
- 1 Compendium Class
- 2 Stats
- 3 Starting Moves
- 4 Advanced Moves
- 5 Alchemist Alignments
- 6 Alchemist Bonds
- 7 Alchemist Gear
- 8 Alchemist Races
A Class Warfare-like adventurer specialty for Dungeon World games.
What happens when I mix this stuff together?
Once you have spent hours in a dim laboratory mixing obscure liquids and powders into a substance never seen before, you may consider the alchemist specialty an available compendium class. The next time you level up, you may add this specialty to your character instead of choosing a move from your class.
If you choose the alchemist specialty, you get +1 load. Lower the maximum number of bonds you may have by one.
You start with these two moves:
When you volley with hastily mixed alchemical reagents, on a hit, everyone near the target, friend or foe, also takes INT damage. If the volley would reduce ammo, it expends a use of alchemical reagents instead.
When you spend a few minutes to carefully loot the corpse of a monster with the magical, amorphous or planar tags, roll+INT. On a 10+, you gain your choice from the following list. On a 7-9, you may gain your choice from the list, but only if you give up a different choice on the list:
- One use of alchemical reagents
- One healing potion
- One antitoxin
- One poison
When you gain a level from 2-5, you may choose from these moves:
When you tailor alchemical reagents to your own physiology and ingest them, roll+INT. On a hit, choose one stat and take +1 ongoing to moves that roll that stat, then choose another stat and take -2 ongoing to moves that roll that stat. This move may not be used again until the effects wear off. On a 10+, choose two:
- You don’t expend a use of alchemical reagents.
- You decide when the effects wear off instead of the GM. (Either way, effects cannot last beyond a day.)
- You don’t take a random debility when the effects wear off.
When you hit with a 10+ while using improvisational alchemy, choose one:
- The reaction is particularly caustic. Deal +1d4 damage to the main target and +1 damage to nearby targets.
- The reaction ignites, setting all targets who take damage on fire.
- The reaction becomes gaseous on impact. All damage ignores armor.
When you use improvisational alchemy, you may choose one:
- Each target that would take damage instead is covered in a black smoke. For a short time, they cannot see and may choke, but attempts at hitting them take -1 ongoing while the smoke lasts.
- Each target that would take damage instead is covered in colorful sparkles, marking them, even if invisible. Volleys against them take +1 ongoing while the effect lasts.
- Each target that would take damage instead is covered in sticky tendrils that briefly hinder their movement.
- You may decide which targets near the main target take damage.
When you gain a level from 6-10, you may choose from these moves as well as the level 2-5 moves:
When you use improvisational alchemy, you may forgo all damage before rolling. If you do, on a 10+, you dispel an ongoing magical effect in the area of the detonation.
When you prepare materials in order to demolish or destroy a location, the GM will choose one or two requirements:
- These materials will have to be applied very carefully.
- These materials will have to be transported very carefully.
- You need arcane ingredients to harm this location.
- You need to spend a lot of coin on these ingredients.
- Meet the requirements and your compounds will get rid of this location or change it irrevocably.
The Great Work
When you spend time running one pound of a substance through an elaborate array of laboratory equipment, roll+INT. On a hit, you transmute that substance to another substance of your choice. On a 7-9, the GM will tell you about some unintended consequences.
You may choose one of these instead of an adventurer alignment:
Improve something by altering its composition or state.
Uncover a secret truth.
Alchemists reduce the maximum number of bonds they may have by one.
- _______ needs more _______ in their diet.
- _______’s weapon would be improved by exposure to ardent spirit.
You gain alchemical reagents (4 uses, 1 weight).
You may choose one of these instead of an adventurer race option:
Take +1 ongoing to any project or endeavor which directly involves working with or trying to produce gold.
You may take a second dose of mutagenic drugs even while the first dose remains active. For this second dose, choose different abilities scores that those chosen for the first dose.